Sunday, May 3, 2009

It is only fitting...

that I received a phone call from an old friend from my days with Covenant today. His name is Tony. He's about 50 years old, sweet old black dude from Detroit. We broke the rules one night with a couple of other drivers and took a cab to a local bar in Tennessee. There was karoke (sp) there that night and we song Strawberry Letter 23...surprisingly it was the original by Shuggie Otis and not the more popular version by The Brothers Johnson. The bridge that contains "ohh ohh ohh's" are slightly different thus our unison wasn't on point...but who cares. It is just funny I guess. Ready to embark on a new adventure and life throw's some flashbacks to get me ready. The St. Louis greyhound sucks. Greyhound sucks. Everybody who rides it sucks. Last time on my way home from Louisville I sat across from a young man (had to be about 19 or 20) and his pregnant around the same age girlfriend. Dude actually had "Juggalo" in Old English tattooed across his neck. We got into downtown St. Louis and woke his girlfriend up...he said, "Look baby!! ST. LOUIS!! It is so pretty..." FML

No comments: